The 13 Communities are as follows:
5. Broad Skies, Wyoming
7. Antigua Finca, California
8. Goblin’s Stretch (a follower submission we very much liked and decided to adopt. We assume it is somewhere in the American South, given its history and location names.)
There are also wizarding communities in Boston, New York, San Francisco, and Washington D.C., amongst others, but given that they are intermixed with muggle populations they are not considered “true” wizarding communities.
As to the school mascots:
1. The Salem Insitute’s mascot is the Osprey, after the native bird that nests in the cove located beside the school.
2. The Allegiance Academy is represented by the Wolf: the animagus form of school-founder Tybalt Le Loup, who actually raised the stones of the fort.
3. The Randolph-Poythress Institute is represented by the Pegasus. Specifically the Volucens breed.
4. The Laveau Academy is represented by the American Alligator, a symbol of the southern swamps.
5. The Blackgate School: Represented by the sinuous coils of the Sea Serpent native to both the seas near Durmstrang and, in a smaller variety, in the lakes around the school.
6. The Mesa Academy: Represented by the Cactus Cat, a native, magical species in the American Southwest.
7. La Academia Occidental is represented by the Rocky Mountain Gryffon, a species native to the region but recently declared endangered by the CMR.
I legitimately let out an “Awww!”
I don’t watch the show but I think Nick Fury just told Agent Coulson that he saved him using drastic measures because he’s an Avenger and I’m tempted to take it up again because his face has like eight different emotions in that last GIF.
I fucking cried at this scene.
Underrated satire Drop Dead Gorgeous came and went in theaters 15 years ago, rejected by audiences and critics alike. Now that it’s a cult classic, the cast and crew tell BuzzFeed why the film is more popular than ever before.
So my friend bought a new house. There’s a TARDIS in the back garden.